Thursday, April 26, 2012

Savor

I LOVE this word.  It says so much.  I have kept this word on my mind for the two years or so.   Since the day that Kyle and I realized that Miss H might be our youngest.  If anything the anguish of not (yet) having more children has taught me this word.  SAVOR.    It says, slow down, don't worry, capture this moment, stop, enjoy, LISTEN, cherish, LIVE IN THE NOW, RELAX,  take it all in...


Most of all it says, Your children are growing up fast.  Don't miss a moment.  Don't just go through the motions, make moments and ENJOY EACH ONE.  the good the bad and the fantastic.


On Wednesday, Miss H and I were downtown photographing a restaurant for my family's business and our bank was just next door.  So we walked down to go to the bank and between each window there was a diagonal wall that she could jump up on and then slide down.  It took us about 10 minutes to go from one side of this building to the other.  About half way through the windows I was ready to move along at a quicker pace.  We had things to do people!  A business man was walking past us with his associate and he said to his friend, "I miss those days".  I stopped dead in my tracks.  I was not savoring the moment.  I wasn't discovering the world with my precious daughter.  I did smile and enjoy the first half of the windows but the second half of the windows I LOVED.  When we headed back to the restaurant Miss H was at it again, fully loving sliding down each bit of angled wall.  I decided to savor.




After we made it back to the restaurant I Miss H stopped to savor the flowers.  That is what I love about children... my darling 3 year old didn't just smell one flower, she smelled about 10 of them.  I adore that.  To Savor means : Stop and smell all the flowers.

I want to SAVOR.



No comments: